Adelaide Trezzini (AT), Founder and President (II-with Mrs Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni of Council of E.), welcomes you on the website of the
Association Internationale Via Francigena
The AIVF was created to revive the pilgrims' routes to the tomb of Saint Peter in Rome, thereby giving concrete expression to its motto
omnes viae Romam perducunt - all roads lead to Rome
Like Santiago and Jerusalem, Rome has been the aim of pilgrims from all over Europe for centuries.
The initiatives of AIVF are acknowledged as part of the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe programme since 1998.
L’AIVF has received the patronages of
- Holy See 2001
- Ministry of Culture, Italy 2001
- Ministry for Culture and Communication, France 2001
- Ministry for Home Affairs, Switzerland 2001
- IX Premium Sancti Benedict (III) of International Rotary Cesena Italy 2001
- Major Cultural Route of Council of Europe for the Via Francigena (IV) Wroclaw-PL 2004
All initiatives AIVF are accomplished thanks to the voluntary work of members of the committee, coordinators from 4 countries and thanks to the FRIENDS of the VF
Pilgrims, wayfarers, he who seeks will find or will help to find ....
GET TO KNOW THE EUROPE OF YESTERDAY
TO UNDERSTAND BETTER THE EUROPE OF TODAY